These items were placed in the JCM Departmental Council by our Union under items 121 & 122. For discussion in the meeting scheduled to be held on 27.8.2010.
The full text of the clarification dt. 06.08.2010 is furnished hereunder.
No. 4-4/2008-PCC (Corr.)
Government of India
Ministry of Communications & IT Department of Posts
Pay Commission Cell
Dated – 06.08.2010
All Heads of Circle
Subject: - Meeting of the Departmental Council (JCM) in the Department of Posts Clarification on the issue raised by Staff Side as agenda items.
Staff Side raised the issued regarding fixation of pay on promotion after 1.1.2006 and irregular objections being raised by the ICIR in the date of increment and ordering recoveries as agenda items No. 121/135 & 122/135 during the meeting of the Departmental Council (JCM) in the Departments of Posts.
2. The items were discussed and undersigned is directed to clarify the issues as under:
1. Item No. 121/135: Clarification in respect of fixation of Pay on promotion after 1.1.2006: - Despite crystal clear orders in the R. P. Rules 2008 under Rule 13 (i) that if the pay in the pay band after adding the increment is less than the minimum of the higher pay band to which promotion is taking place, pay in the pay band stepped to such minimum, this has not been implemented in many circles in respect of promote in Postal Assistant cadre and also in the case of HSG-I promotions. Similarly under Rule 7 1(A) (ii) while detailing the fixation of initial pay in the revised structure, it was stated that if the minimum of the revised pay band/pay scale is more than the amount arrived at per (i) above, the pay shall be fixed at the minimum of the revised pay band/pay scale. The initial fixation has not been granted in many places with wrong notion that the initial pay is pertaining only to the direct recruitments and not for others. Suitable clarificatory orders may please be issued to rectify the mistakes in the pay fixation.
2. Item No. 122/135: - Irregular objections raised by ICIR in the Date of increment and ordering recoveries: - The ICIR party in many places had raised an objection about the grant of increment on 01.07.2006 stating that one did not completed the qualifying service of six months in between 01.01.2006 to 30.06.2006 he is not entitled for increment on 01.07.2006 even through he had completed six months service from the date of last increment he draws in 2005 and revised his date of next increment to 01.07.2007. This is highly irregular.
Accordingly to RP Rules 10, one period of six months should be taken from the date of his last increment to 30.06.2006 and not for the six monthly period from Jan 06 to June 06. Suitable clarifications set aside the irregular objections being by the ICIR party.
1. Attention is drawn to Rule 13(i) and Rule 7(A) (II) of CCS (RP) rules, 2008 for fixation of pay.
2. As per Para 10 of CCS (RP) Rules, 208, there will be a uniform date of annual increment viz: 01st July of every year. Employees completing 6 months and above in the revised pay structure as on 01st July will be eligible to be granted the increment Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure vide OM No. 1/1/2008-IC dated 13th September 2008 clarified that all Government servants who earned their last increment between 02.01.2005 and 01.01.2006 would get their next increment on 01.07.2006. (Copy of MOF, Department of Expenditure OM No. 1/1/2008-IC dated 13th Jul 2008 is enclosed)
Assistant Director General (GDS/PCC)