Based on the dismissal of Writ Petition of BPEF Union by the Hon'ble High Court of Madras, the Directorate which earlier cancelled the trade union facilities of some Unions including the P3 NFPE has issued fresh orders for restoration of the entire trade union facilities.
The Orders of the Directorate is placed here for the information of our rank and file and if any problem caused at any level like cancellation of Monthly Meeting etc, the Divisional Secretaries are requested to immediately approach their respective SSPOs / SPOs for restoration of all such Trade Union facilities.
Government of Inida
Ministry of Communications & IT
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
New Delhi - 110001
No.09/01/2010 - SR Dated 6th May, 2010To
1. All Heads of Postal Circle
2. All Postmasters General
3. Director of Postal Staff College, Ghaziabad (UP)
4. CGM, PLI Directorate, Chanakyapuri P.O, New Delhi
5. CGM, BD&MD, Dak Bhawan, New Delhi
6. CGM, MB & OD, Dak Bhawan, New Delhi
7. DDG (PAF) / Chief Engineer (Civil) / ADG (Admn), Department of Posts
8. Postmaster General, Foreign Mails, Mumbai
9. All Directors, Postal Training Centres
10.Directors, Foreign Mails, Chennai, Kolkata and Delhi
11. All Directors / Dy. Directors, Directors of Accounts (Postal)
Subject:- W.P. No.5848 of 2010 filed in Madras High Court by Bhartiya Postal Employees Union Class III against GOI & Others - Dismissal of Writ Petition and vacation of interim injunction order.
Sir / Madam,
I am directed to refer to the Department's letters of even number dated 01.04.2010 and dated 19.04.2010 on the above mentioned subject. Honourable High Court of Judicature at Madras, has passed an order dated 26.04.2010 in the Writ Petition No.5848 of 2010 vacating the interim injunction order and directing the Respondents to expedite the process of verification under Rule 7 ( of the CCS (RSA) Rules, 1993) and announce the results expeditiously preferably within three months from the date of receipt of copy of this order.
2. Consequent upon directions of the Court, the trade union facilities , which were withdrawn from Respondents 5 to 7 of the Petition, stand restored.
3. As per schedule of verification indicated in the Department's letter No.13/10//2010-SR dated 18.02.2010 ibid, the stage of submission of ' 'Letters of Authorization' has been completed on 26.04.2010. In order to comply with the directions of the Court, it is requested to stick to the prescribed time schedule to complete the verification process and submit the consolidated statement in Pro-forma IV to the undersigned within the stipulated date i.e., 25.06.2010 positively.
4. Please acknowledge receipt of this letter.
Director (SR & Legal)