No. PF- 01(e) /2015 Dated: 12th June, 2015
All General /Circle/Divisional & Branch Secretaries
of all NFPE Affiliated Unions.
LAUNCH MEMBERSHIP VERIFICATION
The fresh verification of membership has been started. This time a period of less than 30 days has been given by the Department to submit letter of authorization to the Divisional Heads and that is to be submitted up to 06th July-2015. NFPE and CHQs have wasted no time to publish it in all web sites and in circulating. We are confident that our Divisional & Branch Secretaries would have a lead start in collecting the forms signed by the members. Take up the challenge and complete the process up to 30th June-2015 by utilizing the remaining time in a most productive manner. Conducting intensive and extensive membership campaign will enhance our chances of increasing the percentage of membership. Strictly avoid denial of membership to any one as per the decision of Federal Secretariat as it would be viewed seriously by the respective CHQ.
NFPE was bifurcated from the NFPTE and it has got richest heritage of Trade Union Movement. We inherit the glory and tradition of Babu Tarapada Mukherjee, the Father of P&T trade union movement who thundered that “Workers are not baggers”. We inherit the militancy of UPTW that shook the morale of foreign rulers and autocratic administration.
This is the NFPE/NFPTE who conducted so many glorious struggles and strikes. Indefinite strike of 1960, One day strike of 19th September, 1968, other historic Indefinite strikes of 1993, 1997, 1998 and 2000. About 15 One Day strikes from 1992 to 2014 and achieved so many demands. No organization can stake such type of claim. NFPE is the only organization which is consistently fighting against the Neo Liberal Economic Policies of Government of India. It is because of NFPE that we could stop the closure of 9797 Post Offices and RMS Offices. Now the danger in form of Recommendations of Task Force Committee headed by Shri TSR Subrianmaian is before us who has recommended division of Postal Department in 6 Companies. Out of which only one Company of Mail & Delivery will be Govt. Company and others will work as Corporations. Besides so many issues are pending before Government to settle. If we have to achieve all the pending demands and have to resist the attacks and dangers, we have to strengthen NFPE by increasing the membership. Tell the employees that NFPE is only non-affiliated Federation. All other Federations are affiliated to Political Trade Union Centres. The situation cannot be changed without the NFPE emerging not only as the first union in all cadres and categories but also emerging as the strongest organization of each and every cadre in the ongoing fresh verification.
NFPE and CHQs call upon the rank and file to:
1, Give declarations in support of NFPE unions. Form signed by Director SR & &Legal should be used. The form can be downloaded from websites.
2. Submit declarations to the Divisional Heads on 06.07.2015. The form will be signed at 2 places . The name of union should also be correctly written,
3. Submit list in triplicate to Divisional head duly signed by the authorized office bearer of union on each page of list.
4. Vigilantly watch the scrutiny by the Divisional heads to protect our membership and do not hesitate to oppose in writing including the special officer appointed by the Chief PMG if any bias or favoritism is exhibited by the Divisional Heads.
5. Tell every employee for not signing for more than one union as it would make him non-member.
6. Encourage members to write a complaint if his signature was either forged or forcibly taken by other union before 06.07.2015.
7. Inform CHQs and NFPE , immediately on exhibition of Notice Board by the Divisional Heads during 07.07.2015 to 08.07.2015 , about the exact number of membership of each and every organization participating in the verification . This is must.
8. Recovery of subscription will be started from the month of July -2015 by the DDOs.
With fraternal Greetings.