CHARTER OF DEMANDS
1. No Corporatization and privatization in Postal Services.
2. Inclusion of Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) in the terms of reference of Seventh Central Pay Commission. Grant of Civil Servant status to GDS and grant of all benefits of departmental employees on pro-rata basis without any discrimination.
3. Revision of wages of Casual, Part-time, Contingent employees with effect from 01.01.2006 consequent on revision of wages of regular employees by Sixth Pay Commission and Regularisation of services.
4. Grant of merger of 100% DA with pay with effect from 01.01.2014 for all purposes, including GDS.
5. Grant of 25% pay as Interim Relief (IR) with effect from 01.01.2014 to all employees including GDS.
6. Scrap the New Pension Scheme (NPS) and Include all employees recruited on or after 01.01.2004 under the old statutory pension scheme.
7. Remove 5% condition for compassionate appointment and grant appointment in all deserving cases as in the case of Railways. Remove the minimum 50 points condition for GDS compassionate appointment.
8. Fill up all vacant posts in all cadres including MMS & GDS.
(a) By direct recruitment
(b) By holding DPC and granting promotions
(c) By conducting departmental promotional examination.
9. Implement Cadre Restructuring in Postal, RMS, MMS and Postal Accounts as per the proposal signed with the JCM (DC) staff side.
10. Settle MACP related issues.
(a) Promotions accrued by passing departmental promotional examinations should not be counted towards MACP. Implement Jodhpur CAT Judgment.
(b) Bench mark should not be made applicable to non-gazetted posts.
(c) Stepping up of pay with junior should be allowed in MACP also.
(d) Pay fixation on Promotional hierarchy and not Grade pay hierarchy
11. Settle issues relating to Postmaster Cadre officials.
(a) Allow to write IP and PS Group ‘B’ examinations
(b) Relaxation in service conditions for promotion from one grade to another, at par with general line promotions to identical posts.
(c) Filling up of all PS Group ‘B’, PM Grade III and Grade II posts by eligible officials and till that time adhoc-promotion may be granted.
(d) Other related issues such as filling up of 100% senior Postmaster/Chief Postmaster posts earmarked for PM cadre by PM cadre officials alone and maintainance of Circle Gradation list etc.
12. Reimburse full mileage allowance to system Administrators and fix duty hours and responsibilities of SAs. Create separate cadre for system Administrators.
13. Grant of Cash handling allowance to Treasurers in Post offices at par with cashiers in RMS & Administrative offices.
14. Counting of Special allowance granted to PO & RMS Accountants for pay fixation on promotions as the promotional post involves higher responsibilities.
15. Settle all issues related to IT Moderinisation Project – computerization, Core Banking Solution, Core Insurance Solution etc.
(a) Replace out dated computers and peripherals with new ones.
(b) Increase network capabilities and Bandwidth.
(c) Set right the Users credential problems in leave arrangements etc.
(d) Stop hasty “Go live” of CBS, CIS till cleansing of data pucca.
(e) Provide all assistance and stop harassment in the Implementation of CBS & CIS
(f) Grant enhanced financial powers to Head Postmasters
16. Prompt and regular holding of JCM, Departmental Council meeting, Periodical meeting with Secretary Department of Posts, Sports Board meeting and Welfare Board meeting. Ensure representation of recognised Federations in Sports Board and Welfare Board by calling for nominations.
17. Ensure prompt and regular holding of JCM (Regional Council) meeting at Circle level, Formal Four monthly meeting with Chief PMG, Bi-monthly meeting at PMG/DPS HQ level and monthly meetings at Divisional level. Implement a monitoring mechanism at Directorate level to ensure conducting of Circle/Divisional level meetings at regular intervals.
18. Avoid abnormal delay in conducting Departmental promotion Committees (DPCs) at all levels and grant promotion to eligible officials.
19. ill up all vacant posts of Chief Postmasters General (CPMsG) Postmaster Generals (PMsG) and Director of Postal Services (DPS). At present, posts are remaining vacant for months together and additional charge/combined duty is ordered, which adversely affects the efficiency of the services and also delay in settling staff matters.
20. Notify canteen employees New Recruitment Rules and fill up all vacant posts in Departmental Canteens/Tiffin Rooms exempting the posts from the purview of downsizing order and reviving the posts abolished/kept vacant.
21. Ensure full protection of existing allowance (TRCA) of GDS employees and introduce Medical Reimbursement Scheme to GDS. Existing monthly emoluments (TRCA) drawn by the GDS should not be reduced under any circumstances. Revision of cash handling norms.
22. Ensure time bound and speedy disposal of all Rule – 9 cases and Review/Revision petition cases pending at Directorate level.
23. Allot sufficient funds and sanction all pending bills.
(a) PLI/RPLI incentive bills
(b) Medical Reimbursement Bills (ROHSC)
(c) Tour TA bills
(d) OTA Bills
24. Enhance overtime allowance rates at par with Railways.
25. (a) All Circle offices/Regional offices/DPLI office, Kolkata must be allowed to function as Circle Processing Centres (CPCs) while implementing Core Insurance Solutions (CIS) through McCamish for steady growth of PLI/RPLI Business
(b) Stop diversion of 615 posts (576 posts of PAs from C.O.s and 39 posts of PAs from APS PLI CELL) ordered vide Department of Posts, Establishment Division No. 43-47/2013-PE-II dated the 9th June,2014.
(c) Stop harassment and victimization of staff of Circle Administrative offices in the name of decentralization of PLI/RPLI.
26. Stop ordering officials to work on Sundays and holidays in some Circles and also stop harassment of staff by Circle/Regional/Divisional heads. Eg. 1) Karnataka Circle 2) Delhi Circle.
27. Allot sufficient funds to circles for carrying out constructions, repairs and maintenance of Departmental buildings/Postal Staff quarters and RMS Rest houses.
28. Take stringent measures to eradicate corruption from Postal Department. Stern action should be taken against those committing frauds and corruption. Stop disciplinary action against innocent officials in the name of contributory negligence, instead of punishing the principal offender.
29. Fillup all vacant posts of Astt. Manager/Manager and Sr. Manager in MMS
30. Make substitute arrangement in all vacant Postmen and MTS Posts. Wherever GDS are not available, outsiders should be allowed to work as substitutes.
31. Modify the orders dated 22/5/1979 regarding existing time factor given for delivery of articles taking in to account the actual time required for door to door delivery.
32. Increase the percentage of PS Group ‘B’ Posts to General line in LDCE and allow all PACO/PA SBCO & SA also to write the examination.
33. Open more L1 offices as recommended by CPMsG Eg: Guntakal RMS in A.P Circle.
34. Powers for writing APARs of SBCO staff may be delegated to AO (SBCO) instead of Divisional heads and stop imposing the work of SB Branch on SBCO.
35. Prompt supply of good quality uniform and kit items and change of old specification.
36. Stop vindictive actions of GM (Finance) Postal Accounts Chennai. More than hundred Postal Accounts employees are charge sheeted. GM (Finance) even refused to heed the instructions of DDG (PAF).
37. Review of marks of JAO (P) Part-II examination held in December 2012 in r/o SC/ST candidates. As the exam was conducted on the basis of old Recruitment Rules i.e JAO and the said posts are Group ‘B’ (Non-Gazetted) review may be held.
38. Creation of appropriate number of posts of Multi-Tasking Staff (MTS) in RMS after assessing the total work hours of the vacant GDSMM posts to mitigate the problems of the staff and RMS services.
39. Immediate notification of HSG-I Recruitment Rules and transferring of all IP line HSG-I posts to General line as already agreed in the JCM Departmental Council meeting.
40. Revise the Postmen/MG/MTS Recruitment Rules. Stop open market recruitment. Restore Seniority quota promotion.