Heads of Circle (CPMsG) Conference held at Hyderabad from 20th May to 22nd May 2016. Shri Ravishankar Prasad Ji, Hon’ble Minister of Communications and Information Technology Govt. Of India gave way the awards to the best performing circles / divisions on 22nd May 2016.
The brief of his speech as under:
Government is committed to reform the postal department. Two unique qualities of Department of Posts are Extensive network spread in nook and corner of the Nation and Emotional connect of Postman with the rural life.
India is at the tipping point of digital revolution and Postal department should be the fulcrum of economic development especially in rural life.
Postal department's share in E-commerce is around 15% only, which needs to be improved drastically. The entire ecosystem to reform the postal department needs to change.
1. Pick up points to reach the customers proactively to collect and deliver posts/ parcels.
2. India Post Payments Bank needs to be flawlessly implemented. It should act as a platform for 3rd party services. Human Resource Training needs to be given. Postal Payment Bank should be started definitely by March 17.
3. Implementation of IT modernization solutions needs to be improved. We keep getting complaints of glitches leading to harassment to customers.
4. Parcel Delivery : New ideas to generate revenue with Technology infusion. Geo tagging and better location identification needs to be considered.
5. Human Resource capacity building : Need to incentivize the performance... Good incentive at right time will be a big motivation. Best practices should be replicated pan India.
6. Good sign boards pan India should be ensured.
7. Metamorphosis of postal department should be branded well.
8. Surety of punishment is more important than Severity of punishment... in case of disciplinary cases. Any laxity in timely completion of disciplinary proceedings should be viewed seriously.
9. Philately should be ventured as a new source of revenue generation. My Stamp, Commercialisation of stamps need to be tried to earn revenues.
10. Social Media should be effectively used for complaint redressal and creation of awareness regarding departmental initiatives/ schemes.
11. I work hard... I expect all of you to work hard to achieve the goals of government.
12. Recruitment to fill up vacant posts should be done in a transparent and fair means. Any irregularity should be viewed seriously and responsibility should be fixed.13. Congratulated the Department of Posts for good work done in the last 2 years in different schemes like Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana, CBS, Postal ATMs, E-Commerce.
Dr. Charles Lobo CPMG Tamil Nadu Circle receiving award from Hon'ble MoC. Shri Stephen Mervin Alexander PMG Chennai City Region also seen in picture