This 10th Federal Council of National Federation of Postal Employees (NFPE) held at Guwahati (Assam) from 7th to 9th September 2016, views with grave concern the totally negative attitude of the Central Government in settling the common demands of the Central Government employees including increase in minimum wage and fitment formula and other modifications sought for by the National Joint Council of Action (NJCA) and JCM (NC) staff side. The Federal Council while appreciating the efforts being made by Confederation of Central Government employees & Workers jointly with NJCA to settle the demands calls upon the NJCA to organize higher form of trade union action including revival of the deferred strike to get the demands settled in a time-bound manner.
This Federal Council further notes that in the Postal department also due to the negative attitude of the Government and Postal administration long pending demands are remaining unsettled. None of the 7th CPC related demands of various cadres of Postal department are settled. Regularization of Gramin Dak Sevaks and grant of all benefits of regular employees on pro-rata basis is still pending. The New Pension Scheme (NPS) has created uncertainty among the employees recruited after 01.01.2004, about their pensionary benefits. Department has unilaterally issued orders for outsourcing booking and delivery of registered, speed post and express parcel post articles. The task force committee recommendations are not yet dropped, no effective remedial measures are taken to streamline the functioning of CBS/CIS, revision of wages and payment of arrears of casual labourers from 01.01.2006 is still pending in many circles, more than 60000 vacancies in various cadres including promotional posts are remaining unfilled. All the above issues are agitating the minds of the employees for a long time.
The federal council after reviewing the situation prevailing in the Postal department came to the unanimous conclusion that to settle the above issues, serious agitational programmes are to be launched. Accordingly the Federal Council resolve to implement the following phased pregramme of action, either independently or jointly with other Federation.
Programme of action
1st Phase - March to all Divisional offices and submission of copy of memorandum to all Divisional heads. (Memorandum and Charter of demands will be submitted to Minister, Communications and Secretary posts on the same day).
2nd Phase - Mass dharna in front of all Divisional offices.
3rd Phase - Mass dharna in front of all CPMG/PMG offices.
4th Phase - Mass demonstration in front of Dak Bhawan, New Delhi.
Inspite of the above agitational programmes , if the Government of India and department of
Posts refuse to concede the legitimate demands of the Postal Employees, NFPE shall
Organize higher form of trade union action including indefinite strike. This Federal Council
authorizes the Federal Executive to take follow up action in this regard.
CHARTER OF DEMANDS
1. Settle the demands of various cadres of Postal department relating to 7th CPC recommendations submitted to Secretary, Posts in memorandum dated 08.12.2015.
2. Implement cadre restructuring in all remaining cadres in the Department of Posts and settle the residual issues arising at implementation stage.
3. Grant Civil Servant status to Gramin Dak Sevaks and grant all benefits of departmental employees on pro-rata basis.
4. Revision of wages and payment of arrears from 01.01.2006 to all casual, part-time, contingent and daily-rated mazdoors and regularization of services.
6. Fill up all vacant posts in all cadres including promotional posts.
7. Conduct membership verification of Gramin Dak Sevaks and declare the result of the verification already conducted among departmental employees during 2015.
8. Revision of OTA rates & OSA and fixation of norms for CRC/Speed post and Parcel in RMS.
9. Settle problems arising out of implementation of CIS and CBS.
10. Grant of upgraded 3050 pay scale to Postmen w.e.f. 1.1.1996 as per Supreme Court Judgment.
11. Withdraw “Very Good” bench mark condition for MACP and future increments.
12. Grant of S D.A. & HCA to the Assam & NE & remove discrimination.