MODEL STRIKE NOTICE TO BE SERVED BY THE AFFILIATED ORGANISATION TO THE RESPECTIVE DEPARTMENTAL HEADS.
LETTER HEAD OF THE RESPECTIVE ORGANISATION
No........ Dated: 21st January, 2014.
The Head of the Department
Sub: Two Day strike on 12.& 13 Feb. 2014 by Central Govt. Employees- Notice –Reg.
This is to give notice that all the members of .......................................
....................................... (write organisation’s name) which is affiliated to the Confederation
of Central Government Employees and Workers, will go on two days strike (48 hrs. from 00
hr of 12.2.2014 to 00.hr of 14.2.2014). The Charter of Demands in pursuance of which the
Confederation has given notice to the Cabinet Secretary for the two day strike action is
Secretary General/General Secretary
Enclosure as above.
CHARTER OF DEMANDS
1. Accept the terms of reference of 7th CPC, submitted by the staff side, National Council JCM.
(a) To examine the existing structure of pay, allowances and other benefits/facilities,
retirement benefits like Pension, Gratuity, other terminal benefits of various
categories of Central Government Employees including Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) of
(b) To work out the comprehensive revised pay packet for the categories of Central
Government employees including GDS as on 1.1.2014.
(c) The Commission shall determine the pay structure, benefits, facilities, retirement
benefits etc. taking into account the need to provide minimum wage with reference
to the recommendation of the 15th Indian Labour Conference (1957) and the
subsequent judicial pronouncement of the honorable Supreme Court there-on, as
(d) To determine the Interim Relief needed to be sanctioned immediately to the
Central Government employees including GDS.
(e) To determine the percentage of Dearness allowance/Dearness Relief immediately
to be merged with Pay and pension including GDS.
(f) To settle the anomalies raised in various fora of JCM.
(g) To work out the improvements needed to the existing retirement benefits, like
pension, death cum retirement gratuity, family pension and other terminal or
recurring benefits maintaining parity amongst past, present and future pensioners
and family pensioners including those who entered service on or after 1.1.2004.
(h) To recommend methods for providing cashless/hassle-free Medicare facilities to the
employees and Pensioners including Postal pensioners.
2. Ensure every five year revision of wages of Central Government Employees in future.
3. (a) Regularisation of Gramin Dak Sevaks of the Postal Department and grant of Civil
Servant status, statutory pension and all other benefits at par with regular employees.
(b) Regularisation and revision of wages of casual and contract workers.
4. Compassionate appointment – removal of restrictions imposed by Government.
5. JCM and Anomaly Committee Functioning.
6. Fill up all vacant posts and creation of new posts wherever justified.
7. Stop downsizing, outsourcing, contractorisation and privatization of Government
8. Stop the move to introduce performance related Pay (PRP) system, Extend PLB Bonus
for all, removing bonus ceiling.
9. Revise OTA and Night Duty Allowance rates and clothing rates.
10. Implement arbitration awards.
11. Five promotions to all.
12. Rescind the PFRDA Act. Ensure statutory Pension for all.
13. Stop price rise. Revive and extend public distribution system for all.
14. Stop trade Union victimization.
15. Ensure Right to strike.