No. P3/2-10/Chengalpattu dt. 05.09.2013
The Postmaster General,
Chennai City Region,
Chennai 600 002.
Sub: Irregular transfer orders issued in the middle of the academic year
at Chengalpattu Division – Request for cancellation or atleast modification – Reg.
This is in connection with the irregular transfer orders issued to some officials , after RT 2013 , at Chengalpattu Division in the middle of the academic year , the facts are brought to your kind notice as below.
1. RT 2013 was notified and orders were issued to several officials and by that time Acharapakkam was not notified as a vacant place and one Sri. Dhanasekaran is working there and he has not completed his tenure.
2. Afterwards, in order to favour him , last month, a peace meal transfer order is issued to the said official to Soonambedu S.O., thereby creating artificial vacancy at Acharapakkam.
3. On the other hand, one lady official namely Smt. K. Amutha , who is having 12 years of service , and who is on deputation at Divl. office from May 2011 on wards, has submitted request for transfer to Urapakkam S.O., nearby to her residence, on 13.06.2013, with the fear that she would be transferred to the far of place. But she was assured then, for her further continuance at Divl. office till next year RT, and asked to withdraw her request and she had withdrawn her request on 27.06.2013.
4. Surprisingly, she was ordered for transfer to Acharapakkam SO, as SPM, a post attached quarters office, 60 Kms awat from her residence, the place of vacancy created artificially, after RT 2013.
5. She is not the junior most Timescale official to be pushed away at any time and there are several junior Time scale officials in the Division , working at Major units. The plea of the SPOs., that she is the MACP I official, which is not correct, based on the orders of the Dept. that MACP is only a Financial up gradation, and not a yardstick to fill up any supervisory post.
This is a very clear case that, in order to favour one, the other is pushed to a far off place. Hence on no account these transfers are to be justified at any grounds of arguments.
Being the women employee , living with her family at Vandalur border, nearby Urapakkam , whose only daughter studying 4th standard at Sri Natesan vidyalaya Matriculation Higher secondary school, Mannivakkam , nearby Urapakkam could not able to shift her family to Acharapakkam quarters, which is 60 Kms away from Urapakkam in the middle of the academic year. Being her husband working nearby Tambaram, is also now transferred to Coimbatore, she could not able to cope up at Acharapakkam quarters, leaving alone her daughter and aged in-laws, who are under her care.
In these circumstances, having no other go, she had represented with the SPOs., to cancel the orders or to modify and to give her transfer to Urapakkam S.O., where the incumbent is now going on ML , which was turned down by the SPOs., CPT . Hence she had preferred with appeal to the R.O. to consider her request either to continue at D.O. or to give transfer to Urapakkam S.O. on family/humanitarian/academic grounds.
We request therefore, the kind personal intervention of the PMG, CCR , so as to cancel the irregular orders of transfer or atleast to modify the same, on humanitarian grounds, as requested by the affected official.
DA: COPY OF THE REPRESENTATIONS.