ALLEGED ATROCITIES IN THE PTC MADURAI ADMINISTRATION: IMMEDIATE INTERVENTION IS REQUESTED.
No. PF-67/ 19 /2012 Dated : 21st September,2012
Ms. Manjula Prasher,
Department of Posts,
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
Sub: Alleged atrocities in the PTC Madurai Administration: immediate
intervention is requested.
The Circle Unions of NFPE & FNPO of Tamil Nadu Circle have been continuously representing to the Chief PMG Tamil Nadu regarding limitless harassment of Trainees by the Director PTC Madurai. Despite our repeated representations no action was initiated against the arrogant attitude of PTC Madurai Administration.
Following are the samples for this undue un-desirable atmosphere.
1. Large number of detention of trainees, extending their training period.
2. Termination from Training Class even for small and negligible reasons.
3. Not permitting the Trainees even to attend the death and marriage of even Blood related.
4. Reckless issuing of dies-non.
5. In the name of Dress code forcing the officials to wear leather shoes, Tie etc. causing enormous un-necessary expenditure even to the Trainees going for MACP Mid-career Training scheduled for 15 days.
6. Irrespective of the age and gender, ability Trainees are forced to attend Shramdan, games Trekking etc.
7. Trainees are for abnormal hours tight-fixed without adequate relaxation keeping the Trainees always under pressure.
Thus the torturous atmosphere prevailing in the PTC Madurai is placing the trainees under total mental Depression.
In the latest unfortunate incident one MACP Trainee Sri. N. Jayakumar, PA, Chennai City North Division has committed suicide on 19.09.2012 at the training centre, though the reasons may not be directly attributed as detailed above but it is definite that the present worst treatment meted out the trainees also contributing to these kinds of incidents.
` Hence we request you to immediately intervene in this matter and take appropriate action against the Director PTC, Madurai. In our opinion peaceful atmosphere cannot be restored as long as the present Director continues at PTC Madurai.
Awaiting early favourable action.