ALL INDIA POSTAL EMPLOYEES UNION GROUP ‘C’, TAMILNADU CIRCLE
ANNA SALAI, CHENNAI 600 002.
J.SRIVENKATESH J. RAMAMURTHY A.VEERAMANI
CIRCLE PRESIDENT CIRCLE SECRETARY CIRCLE FIN. SECRETARY
REPORT GIVEN ON THE DIVL/BRANCH SECRETARIES MEETING HELD ON 25.09.2011
AT TEYNAMPET, CHENNAI
After having approved by the CPMG, TN Circle on 02.09.2011 , the Circle body alongwith our General Secretary Com.K.V.S. met with the CPMG , TN Circle on 06.09.2011 and introduced ourselves. Besides, we have discussed several issue of the staff and some of them were noted in our Circular No. 1. Subsequently our Circle office bearers have met with the PMG, CCR also and discussed various issues of staff matters, and the results of which were exhibited in our union web site. Also our Circle union is taking up various matters of general nature and individual cases with the authorities concerned within the 20 days span from the date of approval and they are summarized below for your kind notice. Various issues already sent to the Circle Union during this period will also be addressed in a phased manner, despite lack of infrastructure such as Union office, Computer etc. and even initial funding.
Subjects taken up
1. Arbitrary recovery of money from the staff in the name of contributory negligence, before
taking any action on recovery of fraud amount from the guilty.
2. Revision of wages for Mazdoors/Part Time employees such as sweeper/water carriers etc. for
the financial year 2011-2012 – Case of Anna Road HPO.
3. Issues relating to the Local Struggle of Foreign Post – seeking immediate intervention of the
4. Arbitrary issue of orders to close Arunagirichatram S.O.under Arni HO – Request for
cancellation and to restore the public services.
5. Request for intervention of CPMG to mitigate the perennial problem of overflowing drainage
water around Egmore NDSO housed at EGMORE PSO building in Chennai City North division.
6. Grant of Training allowance to the trainers who imparting PA induction training at Local
7. Request to drop the proposal for Co-location of Dely Branch of Vellore Fort S.O with Vellore
8. Request for re-allotment to Chennai City Region- Case of Sri.K. Mani, PM Gr.I, Sholavandan.
9. Request for re-allotment to the displaced LSG official to the nearerst Division where vacancy
exists- Case of Smt.V. Kalyani, APM, Pattukkottai Dn.
10. Request for transfer to Tuticorin Dn. under spouse category – Case of Smt. S. Bharathi , SPM,
11. Non grant of MACP III to Smt. Fathima Mary , PA, Anna Road HPO.
12. Request for temporary transfer from Tambaram Division to Chennai City South Dn- Case of
Smt.C.Hemalatha, PA, Tambaram Division.
13. Request for consideration of the representation for Financial Assistance from Circle
Welfare Fund – Case of Sri. G. Ismail, Postman, Tiruthuraipundi HO.
14. Request for reallotment in HSG II (adhoc) promotions from southern Region to Chennai City
Region – Case of Sri. R. Rajendran, SPM, Rameswaram SO.
15. Request for disposal of revision petition dt 11.8.2011 against the orders of suspension- Case
of Sri.M. Ramanathan, PA, Thanjavur Dn.
16. Request for temporary transfer from Dindigul Division to Sivaganga Dn- Case of
Smt. J. Jeyanthi, PA, Nilakottai HO.
17.Non grant of transfer benefits- Case of Sri. N. Meenakshisundaram, APM(SB), Srivaikuntam.
18. Grant of road mileage allowance to System Administrators of Chennai City Divisions.
19.Unwarranted fixation of tenure to System Administrators – Case of Central Region.
20. Unjust denial of MACP III – Case of S. Kalpana, Accountant, Tiruvannamalai HO.
21. Non revision of pension and retirement benefits – Case of Sri. V. Sivalingam, Retd. SPM,
Jayankondam in Trichy Dn.
22. Issue related to the latest developments on Foreign posts and the unhelpful attitude of the
Foreign post administration to carry out the public service smoothly.
23. Request for restoration of the abrupt and arbitrary abolition of GDSV posts at Central Region,
resulting in hampering of MPCM counter services at the HOs.
24. Arbitrary and abrupt withdrawal of outsourcing in Central Region .
25. Arbitrary extension of speed counters at late night in various city Divisions, leading to 10.00 to
10.00 duty for Counter PAs, Gr.Ds, APMs, Treasury & Mail Departments etc. against norms.
26. Arbitrary extension of business hours of the MPCM and SB counters upto 7 hrs at Central
Region against the orders of the Department.
27. Arbitrary extension of business hours of MPCM Counters in various offices at Chennai City
RJCM Subjects placed by Sri.J.Ramamurthy, member RJCM, Tamilnadu circle/24.8.2011
1.Arbitrary and unjust retaining of PA trainees at PTC Madurai and direct them to stay outside
and attend extension of training course for another 15 days.
2. Ensuring prompt conduct of DPCs for MACP promotions and regular promotions.
3. Irregular interpretations of TBOP & BCR and MACP promotions for posting in single/ double
4. Replacement of outdated computers / printers – In many post offices, old and outdated
computers are still under usage.
5. Return back the deputationists from CO & RO to parent postal divisions.
6. Irregular causing of recovery on minus balance without resorting action to recover from the
7. Non convening of CRC for consideration of compassionate appointments over ten years.
8. Misuse of contributory negligence provisions by the divisional heads.
9. Introduction of incentives to the new items of agency works introduced in Pos as per
the instructions of the Directorate.
10. Re-consider the orders placed for the purchase of Kerosene Generators in Southern Region.
11. Non settlement of fixation of pay cases of Departmental promotees at par with junior
Direct recruit PAs in various Divisions despite issuance of Dte. Orders.
12. Recall of direct recruited PAs deputed to Chennai City South Dn. from Chennai GPO.
13. Removal/cancellation of ICIR Audit objection in connection with the fixation of pay Case of
Para Medical Staff, Postal dispensary, Tirunelveli.
14. Construction of staff quarters at Ekkattuthangal, Chennai city south Division.
15. Delay in grant of peripheral HRA to the stations at Srirangam, Salem East, Salem West,
Tambaram and Chennai City South Divisions.
16. Mis-use of disciplinary powers by the authorities to harass officials- Case of Nagai Division.
17.Arbitrary reduction of food charges to 0.7 in case of one day training to WCTC Tiruvarur on
pragmatic computation of period of absence.
18. Non-payment of advance of TA/DA to the newly recruited PAs in connection with induction
19. Irregular placing of newly recruited RRR candidates as seniors counting their past services,
in many units.
20. Inclusion of Income Tax package in Training schedules so as to facilitate the officials
updated and to fulfill the latest directives of the CBDT.
21. Introduction of links in India Post TN Circle web site to post all circulars released by the
Note:- Since there is disagreement to our P3 Union, in some replies given in the draft copy
of RJCM minutes, we have suggested for suitable corrections. Hence there is delay
in releasing of official minutes copy. Some problems are settled within a week from
date of the meeting. On receipt of the minutes, we can see the settlement on most
of the problems placed by our P 3 Union.
Thank you Comrade
Yours fraternally……. J. RAMAMURTHY, CIRCLE SECRETARY ,AIPEU GR.C, TN CIRCLE.