No.P3/BMM/CCR dated the 07.05.2014
The Postmaster General,
Chennai City Region,
Chennai 600 002.
Sub: Bi-monthly meeting with the PMG, CCR - items to be taken up – Reg.
The following items are proposed to be taken up for discussions with the PMG, CCR during the ensuing bi-monthly meeting. The same may kindly be entertained.
1. Request to rationalize the clerical staff at Divisional office, Tambaram
a) to redraw the deputationist heaped up irrationally at Divisional office, Tambaram against the sanctioned strength.
b) to adhere the tenure of the officials as envisaged in the Dte. guidelines of the RT.
c) to call back the officials sticking over tenure in sensitive posts such as vigilance, stock, staff and building as per CVC guidelines dt. 01.05.2008 and as per Dte. orders dt. 13.09.2010 and 03.07.2013.
d) to redraw the over tenured officials shattering the deputation norms as defined under FR.
e)to rotate the system manager working at Divisional office for more than 15 years, without observing the tenure norms prescribed.
2. Request for immediate attending of repairing works at Chennai GPO building , since damaged roof portions in several areas are falling down day by day , causing life risk to the working staff as in the case of Park Town PO building.
Details:- A portion of the roof on the second floor , besides the MO paid Dept. of the GPO building was collapsed due to monsoon rain during 2011. Parts of the old building, which were in a dilapidated condition , collapsed during the monsoon. The Ceiling in the ground floor of the old building in the way to canteen , stores, BPC is damaged and felling down in patches. This involves life risk of the working staff and needs immediate repairing works in a war footing manner.
3. Request for dequarterisation of Ranipet HPO which is not maintained for long, dumped with old records, unserviceable furniture and unserviceable electrical appliances. No regular official is working there for the past several years and no officiating or adhoc or local arrangements were ordered by the Authority in writing and only the MACP III or LSG officials working there, are taking charge of the office in the interest of service. But HRA is withdrawn to the officials who held charges locally after 90 days, eventhough they are not posted in the HSG I post and ordered for occupation of quarters. Their representation for granting HRA are not disposed off with temporary suspension of quarters. This may kindly be attended to since they were not posted either on adhoc basis or on regular basis and they have not occupied the quarters.
The following office bearers will be attending the meeting . Necessary permission may kindly be accorded to attend the meeting and for granting Relief to them.
1. Sri. J. Ramamurthy, Circle Secretary & PA, Tiruvallikeni SO, Chennai 600 005.
2. Sri. S. Veeran, Asst. Circle Sec., & ACS , P.A., Vellore HO 632 001..