From: Director (CBS)
Sent: 30 March 2016 17:41
Subject: Instructions for executing End of Year (EOY) in CBS post offices/CPCs
The competent authority has taken following decisions for executing End of Year (EOY) activities for 2015-16 in CBS Post Offices/CPCs:-
1. On , no CBS Post Office will do any transaction but staff working on CBS will attend post office and follow instructions (as and when) issued by CEPT Team Chennai.
(A public notice should be put on the notice board of all CBS Post Offices that due to End of Year, no transaction will be accepted on 1.4.2015 and Monthly / Quarterly Interest of MIS/SCSS if due on will be paid on 2.4.2016).
2.CBS Post Offices should ensure that no unverified account or modification in accounts of SB/PPF/SSA/NSS-87/NSS-92 remains unverified as interest is not calculated for any account if any modification is unverified. Concerned staff should be alerted so that such lapses may be avoided.
3. All CBS Post Offices, on
simultaneously so that there may be no Blocking transaction at 1700 hours. All CBS Post Offices should complete HISCOD latest by 1800 hours and CPC should complete HSCOD latest by 1900 hours. Any blocking validation should be reported to FSI Helpdesk and CEPT Team immediately on noticing so that solution can be provided well in time., should do transactions latest up to 1700 hours and verify all the transactions
5. CBS Head Post Office dealing with clearing house, should intimate cheque clearing intimation of the cheques cleared on to other linked CBS HOs and SOs well in time on either over mail or phone so that credit/debit can be afforded well in time.
(Please note that in case of PPF Accounts maturing on , cheque cleared before will not be allowed to be credited after )
6. Reports regarding Interest credited in SB/SSA/PPF/NSS-87 and NSS-92 accounts of a CBS post office, Silent Account maintenance Fee charged and Total number of accounts marked as silent (total amount and accounts for a Post Office and not account-wise) will be intimated through CPCs by the end of first week.
Instructions for CPCs
1. CPCs should call post offices under their jurisdiction on , help in clearing blocking validations and ensure smooth completion of HISCOD/HSCOD.
2. 2nd and 3rd menu of EOD will be executed by CEPT Team when HSCOD is completed for all CBS post offices.
3. All CPCs will remain open during the night of and duties of staff should be notified in shifts.
Circles/Regions/Divisions should ensure that these instructions are followed scrupulously by all CBS Post Offices, CPCs.