WORKSHOP ON CORE INSURANCE SOLUTION HELD AT PLI DIRECTORATE ON 17/7/2014
PLI Directorate invited NFPE to participate in the work shop on Roll out of Core Insurance Solution and creation of Central Processing Centre. The above workshop was held at PLI Directorate New Delhi on 17.07.2014. On behalf of NFPE Com. N. Subramanian, Deputy General Secretary AIPEU Group ‘C ’& Com. Pranab Bhattacharjee General Secretary Admin union attended. The CGM (PLI) inaugurated the work shop. The General Manager (PLI) and Addl.GM (PLI) have conducted the work shop and clarified the doubts raised by the participants.
The following points have been emphasized and highlighted by the NFPE.
1. While welcoming the CPC under Core Insurance Solution, the NFPE strongly demands that all Circle offices/ Regional offices shall be allowed to function as CPCs.
2. As all the HPOs are proposed to function as CPCs, provision of additional staff has been insisted to handle the additional work related to CPCs such as Acceptance of Proposals, Issue of Policy documents & Premium Receipt books, Loan, Surrender, Maturity, Death Claim and other Customer Services like Change of address, Nomination etc.
3. Supply of New Computers, Scanners and Printers with good configuration & Furniture has been demanded and it was replied that all the above items are to be supplied on priority basis. The proposed Scanners will have the facility of OCR technology (Optical Character Recognizer) to reduce the typing work to a greater extent.
4. After introduction of CPCs, the visiting customers will be more to avail many “After Sales Services”, it is imperative to allot funds and enhance financial powers to Head Postmasters to cater the need of hospitality par with the trend prevailing with market competitors. The idea insisted by NFPE is positively cognized.
5. The delay in payment of incentive to GDS and Departmental staff was pointed out and it was assured for necessary action. It was told to the union that Ministry of Finance has been addressed for the allotment of additional fund to clear all the pending bills at various levels.
6. The issue of slow speed and low bandwidth in respect of CBS is already prevailing and if the core Insurance Solution is hastily implemented with the existing infrastructure, the staff will be put in to greater trouble and strain was the argument put forth by NFPE. It is replied that the implementation of CIS is being delayed to sort out the above problem and it would be set right soon. Smooth transition to Mc Camish would be the aim as replied.
The Department sought better cooperation in the implementation of Core Insurance Solution and creation of Central Processing Centre. We assured positively.