GPF INTEREST RATES AND CPF INTEREST RATES FIXED AT 8.7% FOR THE YEAR 2014-15 – FINANCE MINISTRY ISSUES ORDERS – INTEREST AT THE RATE OF 8.7% ALSO APPLICABLE FOR OTHER PROVIDENT FUNDS SUCH AS ALL INDIA SERVICES FUND, STATE RAILWAY PROVIDENT FUND, DEFENCE SERVICES GPF ETC
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
(Department of Economic Affairs)
New Delhi, the 4th March, 2014
It is announced for general information that during the year 2014-2015, accumulations at the credit of subscribers to the GeneralFund and other similar shall carry interest at the 8.7% (Eight point seven per cent) per annum. This rate will be in force during the financial year beginning on 1.4.2014. The funds concerned are:—
1. The General Provident Fund (Central Services).
2. The Contributory Provident Fund (India).
3. The All India Services Provident Fund.
4. The State Railway Provident Fund.
5. The General Provident Fund (Defence Services).
6. The Indian Ordnance Department Provident Fund.
7. The Indian Ordnance Factories Workmen’s Provident Fund.
8. The Indian Naval Dockyard Workmen’s Provident Fund.
9. The Defence Services Officers Provident Fund.
10. The Armed Forces Personnel Provident Fund.
2. Ordered that the Resolution be published in Gazette of India.